Mike McGonegal for the Michigan House

Mike McGonegal is running for the Michigan House of Representatives from the 66th District, and this is his official campaign blog. It is monitored and posted b y his Communications Director.

10/22/2006

Newspaper reports Mike is winning at online poll

It’s hard to find polling data for Mike McGonegal’s race, but the only one we can find has him a clear winner over his opponent 53-42 percent, with 91 votes to 73. The data appeared in the Daily Press & Argus today, and it comes from a blog called the “Republican Michigander” ran by Dan Wholihan, a member of the Livingston County Republican Party’s executive committee. Granted, online polling is suspect, but getting those kind of results from a pro-GOP site gives us some hope. The polls have been up for more than two months; going up shortly after the August Primary Election.

I was once a regular poster there, but the quality has fallen off significantly at a time when political news is at it’s highest ever, even approaching saturation. When I pointed out the results of another poll there that did not go the way he wanted it for a candidate he favored he accused me of getting people to come to his blog and encouraging them to vote to skew the vote total. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I have never nor would I ever recommend that particular blog to anyone. The only poll or election I’m encouraging people to vote for Mike at is the on one being held on Nov. 7.

There are a lot of good blogs out there, but that is not one of them.

If one believes in the veracity of online polling, the current standings for Livingston County on the Republican Michigander blog site show a sea change in Livingston County's political landscape, should they stand up to the test of Election Day.
Democratic challengers are also beating state Reps. Joe Hune, R-Hamburg Township, and Chris Ward, R-Brighton Township, in the Republican Michigander's online polling. Challenger Mary Andersson is whooping Hune, 57 percent to 39 percent, and Michael McGonegal is beating Ward, 53 percent to 43 percent.
The Buzz is taking it all with a grain of salt, keeping in mind that the polling the Republican Michigander did during the August primary was less than accurate after all the votes were counted.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the Michigander poll also had Lyle Dickson and Robert Balon Vaughn going 1-2 this summer in the probate primary. How did that one turn out?

I wouldn't be putting one iota of stock in a silly online poll. It wasn't even worth a post.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Communications guru said...

Thank you for your comments, who-ever-you-are. As it was clearly pointed out, online polling is not the best indicator, but those results coming from a Republican blog gives us some hope and renewed energy. For that alone I am glad I posted it and stand by it, and no amount of negativity is going to shake that. If it wasn’t worth a post then it wasn’t worth a reply from you or a mention in the daily newspaper, but it got both.

I don’t remember the results of the poll you talked about, but it was right on the Brennan-Drick race. I understand you place no “stock” in the poll. We also understand you can’t open a closed mind, and we don’t bother to try.

Again, thanks for posting, dan or who-ever-you-are. Your comments are always welcome, and feel free to identify yourself with a screen name. Because, after all, if it’s worth a comment or post it’s worth taking ownership of it.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Dan said...

No that wasn't Dan. If I'm going to dismiss the poll, I'll do it under this screen name.

All I got to say is "Keep Talking, Kevin", as you're helping us every time you open your trap.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Communications guru said...

I apologize for mistaking you for anonymous, dan. It was an honest mistake and an easy mistake to make given your past record. Again you have my sincere apology.

I don’t understand what you mean when you say you are “going to dismiss the poll.” What does that mean? Also, did I say anything untrue in that post? I don’t believe I did. Granted, online polls are not very accurate, but as I said before considering where it was at it gives us some positive feedback. I don’t think it was a waste of your time to post them, or the newspaper's to write about it, or for me to post the article or for anonymous to comment on it.

Sorry, Kevins does not exist on this blog, and especially on yours because you kicked him off months ago. However, For the sake of avoiding an argument, I am the same person who posted under Kevins, and I would still be doing so if you had not kicked me off.

However, I will not keep quiet about your boss’s ethically challenged record and actions. I know that’s what you and the rest of his supporter want, and with that record I don’t really blame you for wanting me to shut up. The full story about the DDA and land swap scandals have not even come out yet.

Again, dan, if you or any of his supporters have any facts to refute what has been written you are more than welcome and even encouraged to try and refute it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home