Mike McGonegal for the Michigan House

Mike McGonegal is running for the Michigan House of Representatives from the 66th District, and this is his official campaign blog. It is monitored and posted b y his Communications Director.

11/07/2006

Vote cast for getting Michigan back on track again

I made it to the polls this morning and cast my vote for change in Michigan. Despite the steady rain, the turnout was very good at my precinct. It was steady but not overpowering. Frankly, I’m not sure what that means for our chances. But, somehow I think a heavy turnout is good for us because Mike had heard from so many people that plan to vote for him that normally don’t vote or tend to vote Republican. After my part-time job this morning I will be a poll challenger until the polls close.

My only regret is I can’t actually vote for Mike. I live in the 47th District, so I voted for Mary Andersson. We need to send two mature, honest and respectful people to Lansing to represent us instead of a couple of immature frat boys that we saw a real glimpse of during their disgusting performance at the Livingston GOP dinner a few weeks ago where they insulated women and overweight people.

The interesting thing today is I got e-mails from the Livingston County GOP, George Bush and the RNC urging me to vote. No problem, and thanks for asking.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good night and good luck and if effort is any indication of how to get ahead I think Mr.Mcgonegal is the poster child.he came to my door and i voted for him because he was sincere.

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a couple of things...I don't know why you would get so upset that those two "frat boys" insulated (sic) anyone. Or maybe that's why Chris Ward didn't hire you when you asked him for a job! I notice the lack of comment from you now that the only poll that counts - the election - has resoundingly given the nod to Mr. Ward - about 2 to 1, I believe.

It's been a very interesting read to check in on your blog - me and the other dozen people who read it. Personally I've enjoyed your work of fiction - perhaps that is where your real talent lies, Kevin.

As to Mr. McGonegal, nice guy but has no clue as to how things work in the real world. He couldn't obey the rules of the debate, didn't follow the law about placing his signs and didn't learn that it is better to listen than to talk. God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason. You can't criticize someone for changing their mind and then do it yourself and expect no one to notice? And copying Granholm's economic plan, word for word, showed he just doesn't have what it takes to be an independent thinker.

Now that the election is over I hope you'll take the time you spent lying about others and actually go out and do something positive and good with all your energy.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Communications guru said...

Just a couple of things, first, if you have so much to say and I guess you know me, have the courage to use your name or at least a screen name to take ownership of your obnoxious and untrue comments. Or are you ashamed of them? I stayed away from personal attacks against Mr. Ward, but you can’t.

“I don't know why you would NOT get so upset that these two ‘frat boys’” insulted women and overweight people. I’m upset because they represent the county I live in and they are supposed to be leaders.

When did I ever seriously ask Chris Ward for a job? Do I know you? Why don’t you enlighten me? For all I know I may have, but it would have been years ago before I got this close a look at his record and ethics.

Lack of comment? I already posted a wrap-up of the election. Read it. Well more than a dozen people read my blog, so that’s a lying insult that does not bother me. How many people read your blog?

If it’s fiction, then why couldn’t you or any of his supporters refute what was written or disprove any of it?

You’re right that Mike is a nice guy, but your next statement is so ridiculous it made me fall out of my chair laughing. Mike “..has no clue as to how things work in the real world.” Are you for real?? This is a man who had worked in the private sector with Fortune 200 companies and raised and helped put four grown children through college compared to a man who has never had a non-political job outside of the government, and you have the gall to say something that stupid. Come on.

What rules of the lone debate – and we asked for more but your guy chickened out - did Mike violate? What sign law did Mike violate, and why are we just now hearing about these baseless charges after the election?

It was Mike that went door-to-door to listen and talk to voters. Where was Ward during the election?

We did not copy the Governor’s economic plan word-for-word. It’s very similar because it’s a good, solid plan.

I don’t appreciate being called a liar with zero proof so prove it or shut up.

You can rest assured that I will “go out and do something positive and good with all of my energy,” and that will be to examine Ward’s record even more closely, so that when he runs for Senate the voters in Ingham and Shiawassee counties will be aware of his unethical record and behavior.

Better yet, maybe you shouldn’t make ridiculous, drunken comments at 2 a.m.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home